Saturday, June 2, 2007

Fighting Global Warming Individually

As an individual caused and affected by global warming, I have to share the responsibility of stopping global warming. I should not wait for governments to take actions, because there a lot of effective things that if each individual does, global warming will decrease.

Transportation and power generation are the main sources of global warming. As an individual, I can reduce my usage of transportation and electricity. When I want to buy a car I choose cars that consume small amount of fuel, and when I drive my car I don’t drive very fast to reduce my car’s fuel usage.

In my daily activities, I can go to places less than 1KM in distances by wake. I can reduce my house electricity consumption, by switching of lights when I can see without them or when I’m not at home. I can reduce my AC usage in winter.

2 comments:

mohdam said...

yes those are some interesting ways to fight global warming, thank you for posting them!

Jaber Al Shamsi said...

Nice and clear post MR. Fahad ^__^